Friday, October 16, 2009

My peaceful Place




I was thinking about my post yesterday. I do have a peaceful place and it is a very tiny room in my tiny house. We have dubbed our house "our little happy crappy house" because it is a tiny house that needs lots of work but we have been very happy living there. Anyways, when I need a little solitude it is a nice place to be. It is cozy. I can meditate or just relax.
Another thing I noted in my blog yesterday is that I have to be willing to undergo some short term suffering to come out the other side. My problem is that I want to feel good all of the time and want to circumvent any suffering even if it is for the greater good. There is craving and then there is aversion. Sometimes we have to accept unpleasantness in order to get something even better. Short term pain for long term gain.




No comments:

Post a Comment